Subject: Re: BETA 0 installation success!
To: chas williams <chas@ohm.nrl.navy.mil>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@cray-ymp.acm.stuorg.vt.edu>
List: macbsd-development
Date: 05/04/1994 23:41:18
> o) oh yeah, and something funny is happening with halt.  When i issue halt,
>    it gives me a strange message about not being able to set the battery
>    backed clock (provides some strange diagnostic) and then seems to hang.
>    i.e. it doesnt poweroff/reboot the mac.  is this new behavior?  am i too
>    impatient?

This is odd...  I've been running on an SE/30, so I haven't noticed this.
I don't know what's up...  I think your other concerns are noted in BETA-1.
Hmm...  Except the tty permissions.  *sigh*  I'll fix that for the next one.
In the meantime, I think that the proper permissions and ownership are:
	600 uucp.wheel

So, after you install, do a "chown uucp.wheel /dev/tty0?"

-allen

--
Allen Briggs - end killing - allen.briggs@vt.edu ** MacBSD == NetBSD/Mac **
= Over the years you swam the ocean following feelings of your own [...]  =