Subject: Re: BETA 0 installation success!
To: John D. Smerdon <jds@smerdon.plymouth.mi.us>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@cray-ymp.acm.stuorg.vt.edu>
List: macbsd-development
Date: 05/03/1994 19:21:49
> I was wondering about that.  I am new to unix administration and I thought
> I needed a /etc/rc file to boot.  Since there wasn't one I copied
> rc.distribution as /etc/rc.

You do.  That was the best reaction you could have had ;-)
The rc script that should have been there wasn't (that's why it's
BETA-0, right?).

> What are the parameters to MAKEDEV to build more than one tty.

You found them.  You do have to create most devices one at a time.  ptys
are an exception.  In BETA-1, it will be done for you.

> IP PC shows about ten instructions before and after the PC.
> SC does a stack crawl and displayes procedure names.

Ah...  There is some support for disassembly--I don't know if I need to
do anything to get it running--I'm not in front of the machine right
now.  "trace" should be like SC, it sounds like...

> The 4/30 sys.tar has more problems in compat/sunos/=.  In building netbsd,
> it complains about missing _rexit, _saccess, and _sysacct in one of the sun
> files.

Woof.  OK.  I'll see what I can come up with.  I think I know what
happened ;-)

-allen

--
Allen Briggs - end killing - allen.briggs@vt.edu ** MacBSD == NetBSD/Mac **
= Over the years you swam the ocean following feelings of your own [...]  =