Subject: Re: BETA 0 installation success!
To: None <macbsd-development@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu>
From: chas williams <chas@ohm.nrl.navy.mil>
List: macbsd-development
Date: 05/02/1994 07:40:26
In message <m0pxoN6-000A7lC@umcc.umich.edu>,John D. Smerdon writes:
>I rebuilt my kernel from the sun-lamp 4/24 sys.tar file and added second
>slip and two PPP connections.  To build the kernel you also need updates to
>the /compat/sunos/= (?) files because of syntax errors.

Interesting, i tried building a new kernel with sources that are only a few
days old (May 1) and it hands after something like 13 gray bars.  Do I also
need the latest version of config.new perhaps?

>John D. Smerdon; Plymouth, Michigan; Contents are my opinion.

On another note, is anyone else running beta 0 experiencing the keyboards
problems?  Last night, I noticed (how could I miss it) that macbsd would
seem to "forget" to read my keyboard.  After a few minutes (or if i
bothered to unplug the keyboard and plug it in) macbsd would begin reading it
fine.  Its very intermittent, and it seems to occur at random.  Once, it
occurred when i typed ahead, just before getty got started, and another time
when i performing a large ftp transfer over SLIP.

I am using a slightly non standard keyboard.  It's a Datadesk International.