Subject: Need IWM information...
To: None <macbsd-development@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu>
From: Greg Becker <becker@clam.com>
List: macbsd-development
Date: 02/17/1994 20:28:57
Hello all,

I'm looking for detailed information concerning the
IWM (Integrated Woz Machine) in effort to build a
floppy driver for MacBSD.

In particular, I'm looking for information on how to
detect the beginning of a sector, GCR (Group Code
Recording) format, and Macintosh floppy disk formatting.

I have Inside Mac Vol III which details most of the
control functions, and a document entitled "imwstuff"
which has most of the information I need (although
it was written with the Apple IIgs in mind.)

I'm looking for the Book, "Beneath Apple DOS" which
presumably has information about GCR and the 3.5''
floppy drive, but can't seem to find it anywhere...

Lastly, I suspect that the source code which comes
with Apple's "A/UX Device Drivers Kit" has some
of this information, but I'm having a hard time
justifying buying it (I already have the manual but
not the software).

I appreciate any and all help I can get on this matter.
And please don't worry about sending me information I
may already have - sometimes seeing the same information
in a different light helps immensely.

Thanks in advance,
Greg