Subject: Re: MacMiNT?
To: None <kr@cup.portal.com>
From: Allen X Briggs <briggs@csugrad.cs.vt.edu>
List: macbsd-development
Date: 12/05/1993 19:33:36
> ->> + Can you use MacMINT to build the kernel?
> ->
> ->No.  If you, or someone else, wants to work on that, it would be *very*
> ->nice to see.
>
> Why does MacMiNT not work ? Is the reason that a special library would be
> needed ? If not, what other complication is there ?

Only that when I last heard of it, it was in alpha, and I knew nothing
about it.  I know hardly anything more about it now.  I'm a unix weenie,
not a mac weenie, so I don't hear much about Mac utilities.

You might need to generate a cross-compiler/cross-assembler/cross-linker,
depending on what kind of differences there are from MacMINT output and
MacBSD output.  I'd be happy to help, but I don't have any interest in
doing it myself (I have a compilation environment, already ;-).

-allen

--
Allen Briggs         Find the cost of freedom / Buried in the ground
- end                Mother Earth will swallow you / Lay your body down