Subject: Re: NetBSD for LCII (q)
To: None <hoggja@dcs.gla.ac.uk>
From: Allen X Briggs <briggs@csugrad.cs.vt.edu>
List: macbsd-development
Date: 12/03/1993 08:16:27
> Sorry if this is a stupid question but I am new to this list. I wanted to
> ask whether any of you wizards out there have got a stable LCII kernel.

Nope.  Have you seen how far it gets through the boot sequence?  How many
gray bars do you get with the latest booter and kernel?

> If no-one has yet done it, any pointers to how I would go about starting
> to make changes to the kernel myself? what machine specific stuff do I need to
> change?

Work with locore.s...  The booter will start executing at the label _start:
You might want to use the sources on sun-lamp since they're much closer to
being up to date than what you have in 13.tar.  Then again, you should
probably get the 13.tar version built first since it's known to work...

-allen

--
Allen Briggs         \ My eyes have seen you/Free from disguise
briggs@csugrad.cs.vt.edu | Gazing on a city under/Television skies.