Subject: Re: ci booter...better results
To: darrell pfeifer <PFEIFER@camins.Camosun.BC.CA>
From: Michael Finch <finchm@cray-ymp.acm.stuorg.vt.edu>
List: macbsd-development
Date: 11/06/1993 00:40:21
Darrell "master of the checkbox" Pfeifer writes:
> Turned on grey bars in the booter.
Hee Hee.  I hate it when that happens... ;-)
Thanks!   Now, I don't feel so dumb about leaving that broken code
in.

> Nine (9) greys appear at boot, then nothing.
This is using internal video, I assume.  This was definately the
major stumbling block, could people with other machines PLEASE try
booting with the 32 bit booter and the ci kernel?  The ci is dieing
because of that nasty memory map, (si as well) but the powerbooks
and other 030 machines should have a chance.  040 people don't
bother trying to boot, it will not.

-Mike