Subject: Re: PATH problem...
To: None <m68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Elmar Kolkman <kolkmae@la1.apd.dec.com>
List: m68k
Date: 12/17/1996 09:47:25
> Subject: Re: PATH problem...
>
> On Mon, 16 Dec 1996, Michael Peters wrote:
>
> >   Running several different applications that create shells of their own
> > (eg su and dt) i've found that they change your PATH from the one that
> > you have specified in either your .login or your rc files.  This is
>
> FWIW, using the `-l' option (or the older, undocumented '-' option) to su
> will tell it to start a full login shell including sourcing system and user
> startup files.  I'd imagine dt has something similar...

Well, there is another possibility. If there is a .profile (or .login if the
user is having csh as login-shell) in the CURRENT directory, then that file
is used (at least I saw that behaviour on some unix-platforms, I don't know
about NetBSD, because I'm not come to putting it on my HP300 yet).

				Elmar

--
Alp =	1) One of a number of ski mountains in Europe
	2) A shouted request for assistance made by a European skier in

This mail was brought to you by:

		Elmar Kolkman.

He can be reached as 'kolkmae@apd.dec.com' or 'elmar@usn.nl'