Subject: still problems
To: None <m68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Bernd Machenschalk <herold@cs.tu-berlin.de>
List: m68k
Date: 04/02/1996 14:39:13
I couldn+t get MODE32 Vers.7.5 to work witht my Mac IIx, neither with
System 7.5 nor with 7.1 (Update 3). I always get continious reboots
(Startup sound, friendly mac, mouse cursor, dark screen, startup sound
...). I finally had success with System 7.0 and the MODE32 control panel
Version 1.2.
The newer kernels seem to boot ok, but hang when probing the ethernet
card. They don+t seem to have any problems with the other cards they probe
before (Formac Prograph 19" s/w NuBus, Mac286). Finally there is a Apple
8*24 in the last slot which is not probed (yet).
I may take off one or more cards temporary to build a new kernel that
will work with my hardware, or may change the order of the cards, but I
cant do without one of them for longer.
As I dont have the time to try all possible configurations myself, some
suggestions are very welcome.
Bernd.