Subject: Re: NetBSD 1.1/m68k - software available?
To: Jim Kannengieser <>
From: Hubert Feyrer <>
List: m68k
Date: 02/22/1996 02:02:17
> Hi. This week I just discovered and downloaded NetBSD 1.1/m68k and would
> like to install an X Window manager and client to work with it. Is X Window
> software available for this system, yet?

Esp. the X-server is highly hardware dependent, but as you don't mention your
precise platform, i can't answer the question exactly.

There is quite some precompiled stuff for NetBSD/amiga on
in /pub/NetBSD-Amiga(/contrib), but 99% of this should run on Atari, sun3,
mac68k, etc. as well. (Any comments from non-amiga users on the archive? What
does run/does not run?)

Try & see,

      Weekdays: Rennerstr. 19, D-93053 Regensburg, Tel. 0941/943-2905
      Weekends: Bachstr. 40,   D-84066 Mallersdorf, Tel. 08772/6084
      Internet:, IRC: hubertf