Subject: Re: '040 port
To: Allen Briggs <>
From: Philippe =?iso-8859-1?Q?B=E9rard?= <>
List: m68k
Date: 06/29/1995 19:32:49
        Hello Allen

>Bon Jour.

        Well, good accent... ;-) But you can glue the two words to make one

>It's the same address, but with "macbsd-general" instead of "m68k."  I'd
>be the one answering the question, anyway, but it's got more traffic ;-)

        So you're the main developper ? I'll be continuing asking my stupid
questions : which C compiler do you use ? Is there any Public domain or
shareware compiler good enough on the Mac to be used (like gcc, for
example) ?

>To get a list of mailing lists that are available from, send

>More like a Unixy CLI for MacOS, I think.  It started on the Atari as
>MiNT and MacMiNT is the port--I think they can share some executables.

        Does it have a proper Filesystem, or does it use the Mac FS ?

> [Amiga->Mac port]
>my opinion).  The main problem is a lack of device drivers...

        How does the development team of MacBSD compare to the Amiga NetBSD
? It seems that you need some people to help you developing those drivers.

        Thanks again, Allen.

                                   -- Philippe