Subject: Re: '040 port
To: J May Home inspections <>
From: Allen Briggs <>
List: m68k
Date: 06/29/1995 10:11:20
> 	Nope. Mac_BSD has not yet been (and probably never will be)
> written for the 68040 or 68LC040 chips.

I hope you're incorrect.  I'm working on it in betwixt my other work on
the mac port--in fact I had it booting on my 040 machine up to the scsi
probe when I last worked on it.

> There's no such thing as a linux port for the whole motorola 680X0 series.

I thought that Linux was running on the Amiga and Atari systems--at
least a year ago...  Did I mis-read the posts in comp.unix.amiga or
whatever that newsgroup is?

Allen Briggs - end killing - ** MacBSD == NetBSD/mac68k **