Subject: NetBSD & IIVX
To: None <m68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Raymond J Richards <raze@hitchcock.eng.uiowa.edu>
List: m68k
Date: 06/28/1995 10:44:33
Greetings,
	I've been trying to install NetBSD on my IIVX, without much luck. If anyone has
any suggestions I'd be happy to hear them.

Some specifics:

Machine:
	IIVX 5 meg ram, CD ROM, 1 meg vram. 80 meg internal HD(HFS), 120 MEG externalHD(AUX)

Mac software:
	system 7.5 with many extensions, control panels

NetBSD software:
	version 1.0 (I've also tried kernel netbsd.042995)

My problem:
	I use NOW utilities startup manager to disable all of my Mac goodies, turn of VM,
	turn on 32bit addressing. When I try to boot NetBSD to a serial terminal (I'm using
	a mac 512 connected through a null modem cable) it hangs after 10 or 12 grey bars,
	or if I use netbsd.042995 it hangs after a message that says:

	setting MMU control (hold your breath)

	This message appears on the system screen, nothing appears on the terminal monitor.

	Thanks in advance,
Raymond Richards
raze@eng.uiowa.edu