Subject: Re: hardware wireless switch and USB wireless device
To: Greg Troxel <gdt@ir.bbn.com>
From: Daniel Carosone <dan@geek.com.au>
List: current-users
Date: 12/28/2007 12:14:14
--YvxfeT9y/1FRS2+9

On Thu, Dec 27, 2007 at 06:54:31PM -0500, Greg Troxel wrote:
> How is ugensa attached?  On cardbus EVDO cards, there's
> ohci/uhub/ugensa, and I get the impression that the evdo chip has the
> ochi builtin.

I assume this one will be an expresscard.  Expresscard has both pci-e
and usb2 available, and this may well be using the usb2 directly.  If
so, it's clearly doing something other than just directly yanking the
usb connectivity, though, or you'd expect it to work like normal
insertion and removal.  On my dell, the same switch does work like
that for the usb bluetooth, though it's not an immediate detach so it
may not be a simple electrical disconnect.

So, not an answer - but an expression of interest in finding an
answer, since my dell has a bay for such a card too.  I'm glad to know
there's a chance of working drivers for it, as a start.

--
Dan.
--YvxfeT9y/1FRS2+9

--YvxfeT9y/1FRS2+9--