Subject: Problem building release in gnu/usr.bin/gcc4
To: None <>
From: Julio M. Merino Vidal <>
List: current-users
Date: 12/25/2007 17:04:36

I was just cross-building a NetBSD/amd64 release from Mac OS X 10.4
and the build crashed in gnu/usr.bin/gcc4/backend saying that it
could not find host-libiberty.  If I manually go to gnu/usr.bin/gcc4/
host-libiberty first and run "make dependall" in it, then the build

What is strange is that the gnu/usr.bin/gcc4/Makefile file has
a .WAIT specification in between host-libiberty and backend so, as
far as I understand, this should have worked properly.

The build command was:

$ ./ -j 2 -m amd64 -N 1 -T ~/Projects/NetBSD/tools.amd64 -R ~/
Projects/NetBSD/release -U -u -V OBJMACHINE=yes -V MKPUFFS=yes release

And the machine has a dual-core processor.  Sources as of a couple of
hours ago.

Any ideas of where the problem can come from?  (If .WAIT was broken,
I assume the build could have failed in many other places, but it
just finished correctly after resolving that issue manually.)

Julio M. Merino Vidal <>