Subject: Re: overriding MAKEDEV.tmpl
To: Greg Troxel <gdt@ir.bbn.com>
From: Brett Lymn <blymn@baesystems.com.au>
List: current-users
Date: 12/24/2007 01:43:54
On Sun, Dec 23, 2007 at 09:40:00AM -0500, Greg Troxel wrote:

> Do we have precedent for things like this?

sort of - some of the improvements we see are just things that make
life easier for someone and they want to share them because they may
be of general use.

> What you are proposing feels like putting
> hooks in to keep a separate version of the file but without having it
> appear modified in cvs, and the long-term cleanliness of that seems not
> so good.

Yes, I want to put a hook in so that the NetBSD source does not appear
modified in CVS.  What I am building is a product based on a bootable
NetBSD cdrom, it has very specific requirements which need a modified
MAKEDEV.tmpl.  I could just keep a modified tree and that is what I
will do if what I have proposed is considered not a good idea but
looking at all the other things that can be overridden it seems odd
that we hard code the MAKEDEV.tmpl.

--
Brett Lymn
"Warning: