Subject: Re: Call for testers: ACPI suspend/resume, part 2
To: Jared D. McNeill <jmcneill@invisible.ca>
From: Iain Hibbert <plunky@rya-online.net>
List: current-users
Date: 12/22/2007 21:09:14
On Fri, 21 Dec 2007, Jared D. McNeill wrote:

> On Fri, 21 Dec 2007, Iain Hibbert wrote:
> > My apologies, I've been working 12 hour days and ENOTIME until probably
> > next week - wrt bthub etc, in the past power down events just caused USB
> > devices to detach which would detach from the bluetooth stack (its safe to
> > do that) and thus detach bthub etc, requiring an /etc/rc.d run through to
> > reconfigure after resume.
>
> Is it possible to use a bluetooth keyboard or mouse as a wake device, or is
> the firmware on my ppc mini playing tricks on me?

It could be, but I don't know the specifics.

A bluetooth connection can be parked (temporarily suspended) by the link
master and I guess they could do this on suspend but I don't know what
happens if you remove the power to the bluetooth controller because the
connection state is inside the controller and there is no way to 'remind'
it on powerup that there were parked connections - you might as well
disconnect/reconnect I guess because its designed for short range mobile
connections anyway and a disconnected keyboard/mouse will generally
attempt to connect if you press something.

Also I don't know anything about the state of the computer when the system
is suspended as I've only ever used shutdown;  is the processor alive and
will it run if data is received on the USB port?  I don't know of any
method to make an bluetooth controller provide a 'system wake' signal, it
would only be able to send data to the host which would need to run up
through the USB/bluetooth/wskbd stack before being handled by a wakeup
process.

Is there a standard wakeup method?  How do wake-on-network devices work?

iain