Subject: Re: list/suspend/resume w/ drvctl, plus bug fixes
To: David Young <dyoung@pobox.com>
From: Matthias Drochner <M.Drochner@fz-juelich.de>
List: current-users
Date: 12/22/2007 13:41:43
Thanks, this is very helpful for debugging.
The only concern I have is that it assumes that
"suspend" is something well-defined. Depending
on the hardware there are intermediate power levels
(independently of ACPI) which we might make use
of eventually.
Just to avoid later changes to the user visible
interface, we should perhaps state (and document)
that "suspend" means per default the lowest non-poweroff
state or so (which is a bit fishy, but better than nothing),
and reserve a command line option for a more specific
description (eg "PCI:D2").

best regards
Matthias

Forschungszentrum Juelich GmbH
52425 Juelich

Sitz der Gesellschaft: Juelich
Dr. Ulrich Krafft (stellv. Vorsitzender), Dr. Sebastian M. Schmidt