Subject: Re: etcupdate and atf-run.hooks
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.org>
From: Alan Barrett <apb@cequrux.com>
List: current-users
Date: 12/20/2007 09:51:40
On Thu, 20 Dec 2007, Sarton O'Brien wrote:
> Having always etcupdated the default way, it took me a while to figure out
> what I should be doing. Still not sure if using -s <file> is now required?
> Why does the default way now break?

If by "the default way" you mean "without giving an -s argument", then
it's always been broken.  It might be broken worse than usual now; I am
not sure.  Anyway, I have just proposed, over in tech-install, that it
should be an error to run etcupdate or postinstall without giving a "-s"
argument.  Please comment in that thread rather than here.

--apb (Alan Barrett)