Subject: effective configuration from config(8) after "no foo"
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.org>
From: Rhialto <rhialto@falu.nl>
List: current-users
Date: 12/20/2007 02:06:40
I'm converting my old kernel configuration file from "copy GENERIC and
comment out lots of stuff" to "include generic and insert lots of "no"
statements".

However, in some cases this leaves me in doubt whether I have
sufficiently killed support for something, say EISA. Or if I applied
overkill and could leave out some statements.

For instance, does "no eisa" remove the PCI-EISA bridge "pceb"? It is
difficult to check by looking at the file alone.

Or, "no mca" alone gives "GENERIC:864: `ed* at edc?' is orphaned (nothing
matching `edc?' found)" even though "ed* at edc?" is the only definition
of ed, and edc is apparently removed by "no mca" but ed* isn't.

Is it possible to get a sort of "effective config" displayed as it is
at the end of all additions and subtractions?

-Olaf.
\X/ rhialto/at/xs4all.nl        -- Cetero censeo "authored" delendum esse.