Subject: Re: Call for testers: ACPI suspend/resume, part 2
To: Jared D. McNeill <jmcneill@invisible.ca>
From: Rhialto <rhialto@falu.nl>
List: current-users
Date: 12/18/2007 23:28:52
On Tue 18 Dec 2007 at 16:40:24 -0500, Jared D. McNeill wrote:
> On Tue, 18 Dec 2007, Rhialto wrote:
> >acpi0: cannot enter the sleep state (3)
>
> Your firmware doesn't implement ACPI suspend to RAM.

I'll stick with APM then, since that works. Is there no possibility to
gain any other advantages ACPI might have and still use APM for
suspending?

> I'm not aware of a single vendor that implements ACPI S2.

I'm just trying :-)

> >>  # sysctl -w machdep.sleep_state=1
> >
> >seems to turn off DRAM refresh since my screen starts to fade pixelwise.
> >It comes back if I press a key but the machine remains hanging.
>
> Hrm, I haven't tested S1 in years -- can you raise a PR?

Sure. It is port-i386/37565. Fortunately, since I'll not be using ACPI
anyway it won't be much of a problem for me :-)

> Jared
-Olaf.
\X/ rhialto/at/xs4all.nl        -- Cetero censeo "authored" delendum esse.