Subject: Re: Bogus ACPI battery information in recent current
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Sverre Froyen <sverre@viewmark.com>
List: current-users
Date: 12/13/2007 18:08:19
On Thursday 13 December 2007, you wrote:
> On Thursday 13 December 2007, Steven M. Bellovin wrote:
> > On Thu, 13 Dec 2007 14:27:50 -0700
> >
> > Sverre Froyen <sverre@viewmark.com> wrote:
> > > With the latest current, I'm seeing bogus values for the battery
> > > information. An example (4.99.42 from this morning):

> > I wonder if this is related to my "sudden shutdown" issue.  (I alluded
> > to it on tech-userlevel in a different thread.)  Here's some
> > curious output, using a kernel from this afternoon's source:
>
> It is indeed.  About 30 seconds after I booted the new kernel for the first
> time, it shut down.  after that time, I'm testing in single user mode.  I
> also see the sequence of normal -> critical -> normal -> critical messages.
> I suspect the reported values keep changing.

For completeness, I should note that the reboot happened with a kernel from a
couple of day ago.  That kernel reported

[acpiacad0]
  connected:        OFF

even though I am certain that I had the AC adaptor connected.  My kernel from
this morning reported the adaptor correctly as connected.  I have not done
any testing on the variability in the values, so I do not know it this is
really a difference between the two kernels or just randomness in the
reported value.

Sverre