Subject: Unrequired arch in 4.0RC5 Makefile
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Claudio M. <smoppy@gmail.com>
List: current-users
Date: 12/12/2007 14:29:13
Hi,
   i have troubles with a Makefile directive in tools/Makefile.disklabel
which "force" the ews4800mips includes to be in the tree in order to be
able to build the tools.

In fact, excluding all the directories which have nothing to do with the
arch you are trying to build (in my case all except "arch/i386" and, of
course, "arch/x86"), you need to have the files pdinfo.h and vtoc.h which
are into the "ews4800mips/include" directory. Without this files, here,
the build fails.

My workaround was to comment out the relative line from the Makefile
above but i guess it's a mistaken (or maybe a line which has been
forgotten there) that would be fixed.

The line is the follow, btw:

_ARCH_INCS+=   ews4800mips/include/pdinfo.h ews4800mips/include/vtoc.h

HTH.

--
Claudio M.