Subject: Upgrading to different port
To: None <>
From: D'Arcy J.M. Cain <>
List: current-users
Date: 12/11/2007 15:08:47
About a week ago I ws going to upgrade my system from Oct 4 current to
current current.  Suddenly the CVS updates exploded so I decided to
hold off until things settled down.  Is it a reasonably safe time now
to upgrade?  I understand all the caveats with running current so I am
just looking for known instabilities.

Also, I am running i386 on an AMD64 box because I needed OpenOffice.
It seems that that is now supported on amd64 so I was going to go to
that port as well.  Can I just unpack the sets over an existing i386
installation or are there deeper changes needed?

D'Arcy J.M. Cain <>