Subject: Re: HEADS UP: jmcneill-pm branch merged
To: Joerg Sonnenberger <joerg@britannica.bec.de>
From: Markus W Kilbinger <mk@kilbi.de>
List: current-users
Date: 12/11/2007 19:07:34

    >> Jared D. McNeill wrote:
    >> > I've just finished merging the power management branch with
    >> > HEAD. I hope it goes smooth, but if I missed anything feel
    >> > free to let me know.
    >>
    >> I'd like to know if suspend/resume is implemented on amd64 with
    >> MP machines, or if you still need testing with this.

    Joerg> MP is currently known to not work correctly,
           ^^
Does this imply i386, too?

On my dual cpu i386 machine after months of just freezing during
'shutdown -p now' now (after jmcneill-pm merge) the machine seems to
power down successfully, but just for less than one second, and the
machine reboots now 'normally'.

I can confirm that several months ago a -current kernel and userland
could successfully power down the machine via 'shutdown -p now'.

Or did I miss some config changes for doing this?

Markus.