Subject: Re: kernel not building: sony_acpi.c
To: Juan RP <juan@xtrarom.org>
From: Steven M. Bellovin <smb@cs.columbia.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 12/09/2007 21:47:02
On Sun, 9 Dec 2007 22:38:19 +0100
Juan RP <juan@xtrarom.org> wrote:

> On Sun, 9 Dec 2007 21:34:14 +0000
> "Steven M. Bellovin" <smb@cs.columbia.edu> wrote:
>
> > /usr/src/sys/arch/i386/acpi/sony_acpi.c: In function
> > 'sony_acpi_quirk_setup': /usr/src/sys/arch/i386/acpi/sony_acpi.c:343:
> > warning: implicit declaration of function
> > 'pnp_get_platform' /usr/src/sys/arch/i386/acpi/sony_acpi.c:343:
> > warning: assignment makes pointer from integer without a cast ***
> > [sony_acpi.o] Error code 1
>
> You can use your commit bit and do s/pnp/pmf/ or wait
> for someone to fix it :-)

If I'd known that was the problem, I would have.  However, given that
this is an ACPI device and given that Jared just merged his branch with
HEAD, I figured it was fall-out from the merge and hence possibly of
larger significance.

Besides, I've never heard of pmf, while I have heard of pnp; it wasn't
obviously an error in that line as opposed to elsewhere...

All that said, I've made the change in my tree; if it builds, I'll
commit the fix.