Subject: Re: Spurious(?) SEGV compiler errors?
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Geoff Wing <mason@primenet.com.au>
List: current-users
Date: 12/07/2007 02:32:28
Havard Eidnes <he@NetBSD.org> typed:
: one of my i386 boxes continually run UPDATE builds of NetBSD-
: current, itself running reasonably new -current code -- now most
: recently updated to 4.99.40 as of three days ago.
[...]
: It's a 2x2.2GHz Xeon with 2GB of ECC memory.

Multiprocessor corruption under i386 - been around ~forever (well,
as long as we've had multiprocessor for i386 branch).
I've had it on PentiumII-233MHz, Pentium4-3000, C2D-E6850's.
Testing done using the stress test feature in mersenne.org program,
with number of programs as the number of processors.
Running it under MSWindows on the same systems work fine, however
MSWindows has processor affinity.

Regards,
Geoff