Subject: Re: cpu_intr_p() does not exist for all ports
To: None <paul@whooppee.com>
From: Izumi Tsutsui <tsutsui@ceres.dti.ne.jp>
List: current-users
Date: 12/06/2007 22:14:23
paul@whooppee.com wrote:

> It seems that even on those ports where the function is defined, it's
> not consistently located.  It seems to show up in several different
> source files on different ports.  Which file is best?

It seems to indicate if the kernel is in interrupt or not,
so sources which include interrupt handler may be appropriate.
(sys/arch/xen/x86/intr.c for xen?)

> But isn't this a _part_ of Andy's work?  He's the one who checked in
> this change a couple days ago?

I think he should focus on works which can be handled only by him.
We should support him by other works we can do.

> I'd be happy to write a dummy function for the ports that I use, but I
> haven't a clue how to write a dummy machine-independant version and have
> the MD version supersede it where the MD version exists.  It doesn't
> seem smart to implement a separate dummy function for each port.

Maybe an easy way is to put the dummy function in kern_rwlock.c
itself and use __weak_alias()?
---
Izumi Tsutsui