Subject: Re: cpu_intr_p() does not exist for all ports
To: Izumi Tsutsui <tsutsui@ceres.dti.ne.jp>
From: Paul Goyette <paul@whooppee.com>
List: current-users
Date: 12/06/2007 04:53:45
On Thu, 6 Dec 2007, Izumi Tsutsui wrote:

> macallan@NetBSD.org wrote:
>
> Why don't you implement MD cpu_intr_p() functions by yourself?
> (I think Andrew should focus on his own work..)
>
> Even a dummy cpu_intr_p() (which returns always false) is better
> than disabling the assertion among all ports.

I didn't implement a real one because I don't know enough about what
it's supposed to be doing.  I hadn't thought of doing a dummy one.

It seems that even on those ports where the function is defined, it's
not consistently located.  It seems to show up in several different
source files on different ports.  Which file is best?

But isn't this a _part_ of Andy's work?  He's the one who checked in
this change a couple days ago?

I'd be happy to write a dummy function for the ports that I use, but I
haven't a clue how to write a dummy machine-independant version and have
the MD version supersede it where the MD version exists.  It doesn't
seem smart to implement a separate dummy function for each port.

|   Paul Goyette   | PGP DSS Key fingerprint: |  E-mail addresses:   |
| Customer Service | FA29 0E3B 35AF E8AE 6651 |  paul@whooppee.com   |
| Network Engineer | 0786 F758 55DE 53BA 7731 | pgoyette@juniper.net |