Subject: Re: NetBSD on Thinkpads
To: Jared D. McNeill <jmcneill@invisible.ca>
From: Mark Davies <mark@mcs.vuw.ac.nz>
List: current-users
Date: 12/04/2007 17:19:27
On Tue, 04 Dec 2007, Jared D. McNeill wrote:
> We should set this by default if this->subid == AD1984_THINKPAD in
> ad1984_mixer_init, as we currently do for eapd. Can you update your
> patch?

Actually I think we should do it for any AD1984 (I'm playing with a
Dell Optiplex 755 Desktop and it needs it) as the chipset defaults
the headphones to dac03 (the headphone channel dac) but use dac04 for
system input. I also think we should default inputs.monosel.source to
dac as well as that gets the internal speakers on the 755 working.
For consistency possibly should set inputs.auxsel.source and
inputs.docksel.source to dac as well but I'm not sure what pins they
actually equate to on any actually machine.

I'll do a patch for hpsel and monosel at least.

Also I've been thinking about changing the speaker/spkr and line names
I used in the patch I just sent to lineout/lout and linein.  I went
with the originals to be OSS compatible but I don't think it is
buying anything.  Comments?

> FYI, my T61 automatically mutes the speakers when I plug in
> headphones, and I can confirm that inputs.sel22.source=dac is the
> magic bullet. Thanks!

The 755 doesn't automatically mute the internal (mono) speakers when
lineout is plugged in or either of the internal and lineout when the
headphones are plugged in.  So I'll end up doing something similar to
what I did for the AD1983 but I'll make that conditional on the
appropriate subid for the 755.

cheers
mark