Subject: Re: Enabled sound in netbsd/64_amd-4.0_RC5
To: kamel derouiche <derouiche_dz@yahoo.fr>
From: Matthias Scheler <tron@zhadum.org.uk>
List: current-users
Date: 12/02/2007 11:10:32
On Fri, Nov 30, 2007 at 01:07:47PM +0100, kamel derouiche wrote:
> The kernel NetBSD/amd64 detect  my sounds device:
> auixp0 At pci0 Dev. 20 function 5: ATI Technologies
> IXP.

What is the output of "mixerctl -a | grep output"?

> the files: /dev/sound, /dev/audio, /dev/mixer  are
> creates

They always are even if you don't have a sound card.

> But it does not function  ?

Can you please describe "does not function" a bit more precised?
What is the problem:
1.) Applications cannot open the audio device.
2.) You don't hear anything.
3.) The system crashes.

	Kind regards

P.S. The purpose of "current-users" mailing list is discussing NetBSD-current,
     the latest developer version. Please use the "netbsd-users" or
     "port-amd64" mailing lists for such questions in future.