Subject: Re: NetBSD on Thinkpads
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Pierre Pronchery <khorben@defora.org>
List: current-users
Date: 11/29/2007 17:16:51
Joerg Sonnenberger wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 29, 2007 at 08:35:53AM -0700, Brook Milligan wrote:
>> - Intel 3945ABG wireless
>> - Intel 4965AG wireless
>> - Atheros AR5006EX wireless
>
> Get the 3945ABG. Not sure about the Atheros, but the 4965AG is not
> supported. The rest should work well with the jmcneill-pm branch :-)

My newer T60 (Core 2 Duo) works well too. I think it's the only true 14"
(eg not widescreen) laptop from Lenovo in the same generation as the
ones mentioned. I'm just sad that PCMCIA is not working yet, but Jared
has posted a work-around.

There is a minor annoyance under X (no 2D/Xvideo/3D support), but the
radeonhd driver development is going on well. XRandR is partly supported
 since a couple weeks ago.

HTH,
--
khorben