Subject: Re: Call for testers: power management branch
To: Kevin Lahey <kml@patheticgeek.net>
From: Jared D. McNeill <jmcneill@invisible.ca>
List: current-users
Date: 11/27/2007 06:36:44
On 27-Nov-07, at 1:12 AM, Kevin Lahey wrote:

> On Fri, 3 Aug 2007 18:34:12 -0400 (EDT)
> "Jared D. McNeill" <jmcneill@invisible.ca> wrote:
>
>> As some of you may know, I've spent the past few weeks plugging
>> away at
>> our power management support code. I'm now at the point where I
>> need help
>> with testing various hardware combinations.
>
> I just tried pulled the latest version of jmcneill-pm from CVS and
> fired it up on my T61, and I sure appreciate the working X11!
> Unfortunately, I'm having some power management issues, either because
> I'm doing something stupid (likely enough), or the mii code isn't
> hooked yet. When I type 'apm -z -d', I get:
>
>   acpi0: entering state 3
>   Devices without suspend/resume support: igphy0
>   acpi0: aborting suspend
>
> Any suggestions (besides writing the relevant mii code and sending
> y'all patches :-))?

That is the proper fix -- if every device driver doesn't support power
management, we cannot guarantee that the suspend/resume cycle will work.

I don't know why your device list is so short -- my T61 has a handful
of drivers lacking support. I can have a look at igphy this evening if
you want..

Cheers,
Jared