Subject: Re: 4.99.36 very unstable for me(tm)
To: None <wiz@netbsd.org>
From: Arto Huusko <arto.huusko@pp2.inet.fi>
List: current-users
Date: 11/23/2007 08:21:21
Thomas Klausner wrote:
> The USB keyboard worked (ENTER produced a newline), but I couldn't
> login. CTRL-ALT-ESC didn't enter ddb (is the amd64 combination
> different or doesn't it work with USB keyboards?).

I noticed that if I have pckbd and ukbd compiled in the kernel,
even when I don't have a PS/2 kbd attached, the kernel does attach
one, and makes it the console (pckbc is at acpi). This has the
effect that CTRL-ALT-ESC from ukbd won't enter ddb, because
ukbd is not console.

Having both pckbd and ukbd attached messes ukbd input in other
ways, too. Page Up, Page Down, for example, are mapped to something
that doesn't work; the key that on Finnish keyboard produces ' and *,
prodcudes , and *, etc.

Once I removed pckbd from kernel config, CTRL-ALT-ESC did enter
ddb, but it was not very helpful because the keyboard became
unresponsive after that, so I couldn't do anything but hit
reset button.