Subject: Re: CVS commit: src
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.org>
From: John Nemeth <jnemeth@victoria.tc.ca>
List: current-users
Date: 11/15/2007 02:26:43
On Mar 2, 12:38pm, Joerg Sonnenberger wrote:
}
} Module Name:	src
} Committed By:	joerg
} Date:		Thu Nov 15 00:31:23 UTC 2007
}
} Modified Files:
} 	src/distrib/i386/cdroms: Makefile.cdrom
} 	src/distrib/i386/floppies: Makefile
} 	src/distrib/i386/floppies/bootfloppy-big: Makefile
} 	src/distrib/i386/instkernel: Makefile
} 	src/etc/etc.i386: Makefile.inc
} Removed Files:
} 	src/distrib/i386/floppies/bootfloppy-laptop: Makefile
} 	src/distrib/i386/floppies/bootfloppy-laptop-big: Makefile
} 	src/sys/arch/i386/conf: GENERIC_LAPTOP INSTALL_LAPTOP
}
} Log Message:
} Remove GENERIC_LAPTOP and INSTALL_LAPTOP. To compensate, switch
} bootfloppy-big to actually use INSTALL_LARGE (with ACPI) and 5 floppies.

     I used to custom build CDs with a bunch of *VERBOSE options turned
on (i.e. PCIVERBOSE), so that I could boot an INSTALL CD on some random
machine and have all the devices properly identified.  I do have an
open PR for this (dating back to before my developer days).  Now that
we seem to have moved in the direction of not caring how big the
INSTALL kernel is (which is going to be fun for me since not all
machines I run NetBSD on are capable of booting from CD-ROM), I'm
wondering about actually applying that patch?

}-- End of excerpt from Joerg Sonnenberger