Subject: Re: 4.99.36 very unstable for me(tm)
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Scott Ellis <scotte@warped.com>
List: current-users
Date: 11/14/2007 17:41:25
Greg Oster wrote:
> Thomas Klausner writes:
>>
>> Is 4.99.36/amd64 stable for everyone else?
>
> No.... I've had two hangs so far, mostly when trying to 'build.sh -j 16'.

Same here on amd64 (with an E6600 processor).  I get hangs identical to
what Greg listed when doing builds.  I also had this happen during a run
of /etc/daily.

In another instance the system didn't seem to panic, but just hung hard
and required a power-cycle (while doing a build).

Reverting to 4.99.34 from October 22 (my current onetbsd) seems pretty
stable (although I can still trigger kern/37189, but that's far less
frequent than what 4.99.36 is giving me!)

Sorry, no significant time to help collect traces this week, but I
wanted to add a "me too". :-)

	ScottE