Subject: Re: NetBSD and iSCSI
To: Jared D. McNeill <jmcneill@invisible.ca>
From: Alistair Crooks <agc@pkgsrc.org>
List: current-users
Date: 11/14/2007 20:52:34
On Sat, Nov 10, 2007 at 11:40:43AM -0500, Jared D. McNeill wrote:
> On 10-Nov-07, at 9:09 AM, Alistair Crooks wrote:
> >2. The NetBSD iSCSI initiator should be portable to any operating
> >system that can use a version of FUSE or ReFUSE, since it is
> >entirely coded in userland. I'd love to hear of any experiences,
> >positive or negative, with other operating systems.
>
> Adding:
>   CPPFLAGS+= -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -DFUSE_USE_VERSION=26
>
> and changing:
>   LDADD+= -lfuse -liscsi
>
> Has the initiator building with MacFUSE on Leopard:
>
> [...]
> gcc   -o iscsifs iscsifs.o virtdir.o initiator.o -lfuse -liscsi
> ld: library not found for -liscsi
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> *** Error code 1
>
> I guess I need to build libiscsi to test the rest of this :-)

Just to make things easier, I've split up the existing netbsd-iscsi
package into two - there are now

	devel/netbsd-iscsi-target and
	devel/netbsd-iscsi-initiator

I've verified that the netbsd-iscsi initiator builds on NetBSD, but
that's missing the point a bit - I'd be grateful if you could try
that.

Many thanks,
Al