Subject: Re: IPv6 problems with bnx(4)
To: None <>
From: Martti Kuparinen <>
List: current-users
Date: 11/12/2007 08:44:55
Martti Kuparinen wrote:
>> I'm having big problems with the bnx(4) interface on NetBSD 4.0_RC4,
>> the interface will not autoconfigure itself and I don't get the
>> default route from the RA message.
> I found traces that even FreeBSD is/was suffering from this and that
> this might be a "bug in the multicast filter setup in the driver". Can
> anyone comment if this could be the case here as well?

This seems to be the case here. I first tried to run

# ping6
ping6: UDP connect: No route to host
# rtsol bnx0
# netstat -rnf inet6 | grep default

but I didn't get the default router configured from the incoming RA. Then I
started tcpdump on another terminal and re-ran "rtsol bnx0" and now I have the
default router...

Anyone else having same problems with bnx?