Subject: Re: unable to dump kernel core
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org, tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: Antti Kantee <pooka@cs.hut.fi>
List: current-users
Date: 11/11/2007 22:10:28
So, I noticed I can make the system dump core if I set ddb.onpanic
to 1 and type "reboot 104".  Calling cpu_reboot etc. does not work.

But the next problem is not being able to save the core.  savegore
reports:
dumplo = 1209929216 (2363143 * 512)
savecore: kvm_read: invalid translation (invalid PTE)
savecore: warning: /netbsd version mismatch:
        NetBSD 4.99.35 (PAIN-RUSTIQUE) #125: Sun Nov 11 17:52:59 CET 2007
        pooka@pain-rustique.localhost.fi:/objs/obj/sys/arch/i386/compile/PAIN-RUSTIQUE

and     7

savecore: kvm_read: invalid translation (invalid PTE)
savecore: kvm_read: invalid translation (invalid PDE)
savecore: reboot after panic:
savecore: kvm_read: invalid translation (invalid PTE) (and _time_seconf is not defined also)
savecore: writing core to /var/crash/netbsd.58.core
savecore: writing kernel to /var/crash/netbsd.58
savecore: /dev/wd0b: kvm_clear_dump: invalid translation (invalid PTE)

Kernel + userland are from a few hours ago.  What gives?  The kernel is
not properly dumped?  libkvm screwed?  I know "7" might be appealing to
some, but it doesn't really look like a valid kernel version.

--
Antti Kantee <pooka@iki.fi>                     Of course he runs NetBSD
http://www.iki.fi/pooka/                          http://www.NetBSD.org/