Subject: Re: KASSERT failure when debugging threaded programs
To: Andrew Doran <ad@netbsd.org>
From: Antti Kantee <pooka@cs.hut.fi>
List: current-users
Date: 11/07/2007 13:35:05
On Fri Nov 02 2007 at 01:12:39 +0000, Andrew Doran wrote:
> The panic you're seeing is due to kern/36183, right. The underlying problem
> is that ptrace needs work to debug threaded programs. We can either make gdb
> use /proc and improve procfs, or figure out how to make ptrace work well
> with threads. I don't know of a thread-aware ptrace implementation but maybe
> FreeBSD or Darwin have one.

This is annoying me bad enough (actually outright p*ssing me off!), so
I'll volunteer to write the procfs bits if someone just tells on a general
level what's needed.  That special someone could also handle the gdb side.

--
Antti Kantee <pooka@iki.fi>                     Of course he runs NetBSD
http://www.iki.fi/pooka/                          http://www.NetBSD.org/