Subject: Re: make install coredump in editors/gobby on 4.0_RC3
To: David Brownlee <abs@absd.org>
From: Matthias Drochner <M.Drochner@fz-juelich.de>
List: current-users
Date: 11/06/2007 22:22:17
abs@absd.org said:
> A 'make install' in pkgsrc/editors/gobby coredumps

I've seen this with a number of pkgs recently. These were always
using autoconf, so I'm suspecting that autoconf uses some
GNU make specific features which were just inadvertently tolerated
by NetBSD's make, but turned into fatal problems by recent changes.

I agree that make(1) should not just dump core but report
the incompatible makefile syntax, but for pkgsrc it is most
sensible to switch these pkgs to gmake.

best regards
Matthias

Forschungszentrum Juelich GmbH
52425 Juelich

Sitz der Gesellschaft: Juelich
Vorsitzende des Aufsichtsrats: MinDirig'in Baerbel Brumme-Bothe
Geschaeftsfuehrung: Prof. Dr. Achim Bachem (Vorsitzender), Dr. Ulrich Krafft (stellv.
Vorsitzender)