Subject: Re: problems with new libc
To: None <wa1ter@myrealbox.com>
From: Robert Swindells <rjs@fdy2.demon.co.uk>
List: current-users
Date: 10/22/2007 18:20:38
walt <wa1ter@myrealbox.com> wrote:
>Antti Kantee wrote:
>> I upgraded my userland and practically nothing worked anymore.  Luckily I
>> had a previous version of libc still hanging around and reverting it
>> made the system work better again.
>>
>> Appears the crash is in jemalloc, e.g.:
>> Core was generated by `find'.
>> Program terminated with signal 11, Segmentation fault.
>> #0  0xbbb4556a in _malloc_prefork () from /objs/obj/destdir.i386/lib/libc.so.12
>>
>> Anyone got a clue as to what is going on?  I tried installing the 20071020
>> snapshot on my barely limping system with a GENERIC to match but it had
>> exactly the same effect.

>Which older libc did you use?  I just copied 12.147 from the live CD and
>it's even worse.

With 12.152 I was able to copy some binaries over from another machine.

>I don't see any commits to libc since late September and I'm almost sure
>I updated without problems after that.  But not completely sure.

There have been changes after that, stdlib/jemalloc.c was added on
October 5th.

I had the same problems. Reverting jemalloc.c to rev 1.4 fixes them, I
haven't tried moving forward from this to try to narrow down what
broke.

Robert Swindells