Subject: NetBSD iSCSI target with AIX software initiator success
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: None <nbap@gmx.net>
List: current-users
Date: 10/12/2007 13:50:02
Hi,

on Sep 25 I posted some results of iSCSI and AIX testing on
4.0_BETA2 to netbsd-users.

Following a short discussion Alistair Crooks made some
quick changes to src/dist/iscsi/src/disk.c and bumped the
iscsi-target version to 20070925.
Now I finally found the time for some more testing with this
version of the NetBSD iSCSI target on -current and the AIX 5.3
iSCSI software initiator and may report that it works for me:
I could see the NetBSD target as new hdisk in AIX, create a
volume goup on it, make a logical volume with a JFS filesystem,
and put files to this filesystem.

The only possible problem I see is the following message which
occurs from time to time (I could not correlate it to my activities
on the AIX side):

pid 572:/usr/local/netbsd/src/dist/iscsi/src/target.c:479: ***ERROR*** Unknown task function 128

But anyway this doesn't seem to be a problem.
Everything seems to work just fine - Thank you Alistair!
Great work!

Andreas