Subject: Re: Changing proc.curproc.rlimit.datasize.soft silently fails under NetBSD-3.x, bug or feature?
To: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>
From: Brian Buhrow <buhrow@lothlorien.nfbcal.org>
List: current-users
Date: 10/06/2007 12:46:04
	Hello.  Thanks for the pointer to login.conf(5) for user shells.  Now,
what can I do about daemons that get started from /etc/rc.d?  My one-off
solution in the past has been to modify the individual scripts for daemons
where I need a larger default soft limit.  While this works fine, I'm
finding that more and more programs need this change, and it seems that
modifying individual rc scripts is probably not the most optimal solution.
I know I can recompile the kernel with different defaults, but is there
really no easier way to accomplish what I want, which is to set a higher
default datasize soft limit for the entire system?
-thanks
-Brian
`i