Subject: Re: Problems booting NetBSD 4 RC2 in IBM Thinkpad T41
To: Joerg Sonnenberger <joerg@NetBSD.org>
From: Francisco Valladolid Hdez. <ficovh@yahoo.com>
List: current-users
Date: 10/05/2007 19:13:41
--- Joerg Sonnenberger <joerg@NetBSD.org> wrote:

> On Fri, Oct 05, 2007 at 01:53:35PM -0700, Francisco
> Valladolid Hdez. wrote:
> > A moments ago, I put the kernel post by Joerg and
> it
> > let me install the complete system, but at the
> boot
> > time, it halt newly.  I'm trying RC1 this time.
>
> When you installed the system, did you remember to
> not use
> the default kernel but install the replacement
> kernel as well?

I put the new kernel in my new ISO image, this kernel
boot correctly to install the system, let install
fine, but the first boot was halt at the same point.

Later, I install NetBSD 4 RC1 and work fine, I have a
dmesg and a small screenshot for this.

dmesg:
http://bsdguy.net/NetBSD/dmesg-4RC1.txt

screenshot:
http://bsdguy.net/NetBSD/NetBSD4-RC1-5-10-07.jpg

Regards.
> Joerg

---
Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come! - 2 Corinthians 5:17 (NIV)
Francisco Valladolid Hdez.
http://blog.bsdguy.net - http://flickr.com/photos/sigueme/

http://farechase.yahoo.com/