Subject: Re: 1280x800 resolution using vesa driver
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: C. K. <ck74@operamail.com>
List: current-users
Date: 09/29/2007 03:13:38
This is very useful information, thank you. I 've spent about 12-13 hours to
force vesa have display mode 1280x800 by using many different modes etc. No
luck. I've installed suse and tested ati's prop. driver to test and it
worked.

Now, i'm in contact with SUSE team and they are implementing new "radeonhd"
driver... This is open-source drive for all Ati's 13xx, 14xx and 2xxx
series.

For whom interested in radeonhd:

"http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/X11:/Drivers:/Video:/radeonhd/openSUSE_10.3/i586/"
is compiled driver for i586 systems.