Subject: Re: Thread benchmarks
To: Andrew Doran <ad@NetBSD.org>
From: Brian Buhrow <buhrow@lothlorien.nfbcal.org>
List: current-users
Date: 09/28/2007 14:17:10
	As an extra data point my colleague and I were looking at these bench
marks, and he commented that he'd seen other Linux graphs that looked
similar.  His speculation was that the irratic behavior could be caused by
caching effects or something like that.  In any case, the consensus, around
here anyway, is that at high loads, Linux just behaves like that, and
performance is just inconsistent.
-Brian