Subject: Re: RAIDframe questions
To: NetBSD Current Users <current-users@NetBSD.org>
From: Chris Ross <cross+netbsd@distal.com>
List: current-users
Date: 09/21/2007 02:00:49
   Okay.  More questions.  After I figured out that I'd partitioned
some things wrong, i did a reinstall.  This time, I didn't need to
break to a shell before letting sysinst run, like I did the first
time.  Since I wasn't changing the size of the underlying components
of the raid0 device, I just proceeded on to doing an install.  I
changed the partitioning of the raid0 device, did the install, and
all seemed okay.

   But, (I'm on a sparc64 here), when I  try to boot off of the
disks, which used to work before I did this reinstall, I see:

Rebooting with command: boot
Boot device: disk0:a  File and args:
NetBSD IEEE 1275 Bootblock
Invalid superblock magic
Fast Data Access MMU Miss
{0} ok

   Did I miss a step somewhere?  I didn't expect anything would've
changed on the actual physical devices, so I'm not sure what could've
caused this....

   I'm now running the "raidctl -I" and "raidctl -i" again, to see if
that helps the situation.  But, that'll take a couple hours, so I
thought I'd ask.  :-)

   Thanks...

                              - Chris