Subject: Re: dhcpd
To: Blair Sadewitz <blair.sadewitz@gmail.com>
From: Greg Troxel <gdt@ir.bbn.com>
List: current-users
Date: 09/13/2007 13:26:58
  I can confirm this problem with wm as well using sources from 9/12.  I
  saw the commit in common/dhcp; is this fixed now?

The commit to common/dhcp fixes the primary problem, so that I think
dhcpd/dhclient now traverse the returned list correctly.  Nicolas is
reporting that dhclient is getting the wrong ethernet address - it's in
discover.c that the mac addr is copied out of the sockaddr_dl (search
for LLADDR).  I really don't understand how any of the changes would
break this, but we obviously need to keep looking.

Nicolas's ethernet problem is on amd64.  Can anyone report on how
dhclient work (post discover.c commit) on other architectures?