Subject: Re: X11 not building these days?
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.org>
From: John Nemeth <jnemeth@victoria.tc.ca>
List: current-users
Date: 09/10/2007 15:40:40
On Jan 31, 10:01am, "Robert P. Thille" wrote:
}
} Is X-org Modular stable enough these days?  For a bare-metal bring-up

     I'm not sure about this as I haven't been following X that
closely.  But, I believe there are some differences in video cards
supported by the two of them (i.e. XFree86 may support some older video
cards not supported by Xorg and Xorg may support some newer video cards
not supported by XFree86).

} with Xorg, should I still build x11 using build.sh, but not install the
} sets, or not even bother?

     If you're going to use Xorg, then there is no point in building
x11 using build.sh (unless you're looking to exercise your hardware).

}-- End of excerpt from "Robert P. Thille"